Thursday, May 3, 2012

Segun Arinze resigns as Actors' Guild of Nigeria president

Nollywood star, Segun Arinze has resigned as the president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) following a failed AGN election that was held in Benin last week. Here is the statement released yesterday by Segun Arinze:
"The events in Benin on the 28th of April 2012 is now common knowledge (a failed AGN election held that day in Benin). I know I constituted an independent AGNEC that was supposed to be devoid of any electoral rancour or external influences.
For my integrity and honour, I hereby resign as president of Actors Guild of Nigeria and it comes into effect immediately.
I thank the state chapter chairmen, his fellow presidents from other guilds in Nollywood, all AGN members and especially the media for their tremendous support.
I want to thank profoundly my wife, Julie, for holding on during the challenging period of service to the guild".
 Share your view on this post here.