Friday, July 29, 2011

Twitter 2 X Chromosome Of the Week- @MissBenilda


She is the epitome of (insert VERY POSITIVE STATEMENT HERE). If you KNOW ME, then you pretty know what I am saying. My speed all the way...

Makes me wish I had her Twitter last year when I did a post on her. Or that I was actually following her. Missed a lot. Lets catch up on that. I do mean catch up too. Plenty of pictures this time. Hosted on the blog. So they won't disappear like they did in the other post.







Here is a bio on her which used some of the pictures I had in the last post I did on her......I think if you read the bio you will understand certain things in the picture.



Benilda D. (pronounced ben-ill-duh) was born January 23rd, 1985 into a military family. She has 1 older sister, her mother was a nurse in the Army, and she lost her father to cancer when she was 12. Although she moved around a lot, she completed her senior year of High School in Puerto Rico. From there is where she joined the U.S. Air Force and served proudly before falling ill. She was diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis, inflammation of the spine, in May 2005 which left her paralyzed for two weeks. Although she regained a lot of her strength back, she has not fully recovered. There's no cure for Transverse Myelitis and this led to her becoming medically retired from the military, something she really didn't want to do. Needing to move on she took classes to receive her associate's degree in digital design (web design, graphic design, flash, videography, 3D animation, etc.).


Benilda began modeling in 2003 when her mother enrolled her in modeling and etiquette classes to boost her self esteem and confidence. Her first car show was Hot Import Nights Seattle in 2004 modeling with a local shop, Car Tunz, and CompuSTAR car alarms. In 2006 she began modeling next to her own car, an '06 Scion xA, at car shows. She started gogo dancing in 2007 and has worked at many nightclubs in Seattle, WA.