Friday, July 29, 2011

Read: Independent Retailers' Open Letter to Jay-Z and Kanye West About 'Watch the Throne' Exclusives | Billboard.biz

Read: Independent Retailers' Open Letter to Jay-Z and Kanye West About 'Watch the Throne' Exclusives | Billboard.biz

I am about to say something that is going to surprise some of you but not me. He is my favorite artist. Doesn't make him infallible. This is probably a not a 'good thing'. In the end, when we are all buying music digitally, it will be an after thought. Now though? We ALL DON'T. Some of us still buy music in its hard copy form. Some via the store. Some via the Internet BUT NOT THROUGH iTunes. Now it just so happens that here are a couple of Best Buys near me so I will be there at 10 AM to get it. Again, I GET why they are doing it.


The bootleg factor/the money.....

I dig it. Don't wanna be bootlegged and it narrows down where the source is. Apple is pretty secure so it leaking from there shouldn't be a problem. Still, it hurts those Mom and Pop stores that supported at least one of these artists solely when he came out. ('Ye might have missed that because by then, he was with SAID ARTIST and while it was sold in the small stores, big stores AUTOMATICALLY carried his stuff too.) I won't 'disown' his music or anything crazy. I just want to say for the record that I don't agree with this method. Yet. Then again, he is usually the one that has to 'make the trend' for some folks so maybe it will start the inevitable.


The purchasing of music solely in digital form.....