Monday, July 25, 2011

Google Plus Deleting Accounts En Masse: No Clear Answers | ZDNet

Google Plus Deleting Accounts En Masse: No Clear Answers | ZDNet




Now I know there are folks out there (surprise..surfuckingprise...) that don't 'see the big deal' about posting under one's given name.

Well congratulations to you. You clearly have a job, an occupation or Life that allows you to do that. Some folks don't. It is just that simple. I mean I don't care that your name is 'SnuffytheVampireSlayer' on WHATEVER PLATFORM YOU ARE ON. If that is the name and the platform you hit me up on and we have an issue, I will get at you there. Your actual 'name' doesn't mean shit to me 'cause I know that you 'got my message' and if NOBODY ELSE BUT YOU KNOWS then so be it. So no, I don't have this unquenchable thirst to know 'exactly who you are'. I could give a fuck less. Long as I can reach you when you say something good or bad, I'm good over here. Now maybe if you were over there doing things I 'hated' that were PERSONALLY AFFECTED MY FAMILY AND I, then I might give a shit. Otherwise, nope. Sorry. Thanks for playing though.

Furthermore, some folks have ESTABLISHED themselves under said 'username'/artistic name and those following them would not recognize their real name unless it was shot across the screen 'blotter style' with the words TMZ trailing (As that is the only way one would 'believe' that is the SAME person they know from online..) So maybe that might be why folks are resistant to putting their name up. I know what this is really about though....They want to be able to reach 'you' wherever. Put you with data and target stuff towards you. Damm shame too.

Now I have a QUESTION THOUGH...WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TWO FOLKS HAVE THE EXACT SAME NAME GOOGLE? How are you gonna handle that one? Jim Jones. Samuel Perez. Jon Smith. What if they have the exact same name down to the middle names? What are you gonna do then? Tell them 'First come..first serve'? You gonna tell one of them if they don't use their real name then they can't join?

I see somebody up top didn't think that through too well....