Thursday, February 23, 2012

The boy @therealsap..The Source - Cool & Dre's Rising Star Chats With The Source Meet SAP

The Source - Cool & Dre's Rising Star Chats With The Source Meet SAP

Cool & Dre's Rising Star Chats With The Source Meet SAP

Posted: Feb 23, 2012 by Wally Wall$treet


TheSource.com recently caught up with SAP a twenty-one year old multi-talented producer- rapper who’s a killer with the beat and can get his rhyme on; for real! He’s a cool, calm, collected Delaware native who’s worked with Meek Mills, Juelz Santana, Freeway, Mac Miller (#certifiedgold “Donald Trump”), The Game, Wiz Khalifa, Lloyd Banks, Beanie Sigel, Busta Rhymes; just to name a few.

He’s unique sound on the boards would eventually position him to where he would inked a production and record deal with Multi-Platinum; Grammy nominated producers Cool & Dre. Besides being a creative wiz behind the boards, SAP turned it a level higher by showcasing his rhyme skills on his mix tape #SurpriseSurprise.

Since the release of his mix tape SAP’s generating a lot of love from fans and artist alike which makes him an important artist to look out for in 2012. Check out this interview with the homie to see where it all started, from how he earned his name SAP to landing a deal with multi-platinum hit makers Cool & Dre.

The Source: Tell us how you came with the name SAP da Beat Man?

SAP: It was Sap the beat man, I started out with that when I was producing for certain artist. It turned into sap because I started doing the artist thing. Basically the name sap is an acronym for “Sounds of A Pioneer” and I have the whole “Pioneer” movement which stands for “Passionate Individuals Overcome Numerous Encounters Eventually Reach Success” it’s a whole movement we got going on out in Delaware with my homies. I have this guy name JM who helps me out a lot and he’s an up and coming producer he plays a big role in my creative process.

The Source: Indeed, so tell us how’d you get started in the music business?

SAP: My uncle had this SL program and you know that’s a program a lot of people use today to produce. This was years ago man and I just also wanted to get into the music business. So I would play around with it, you know make little beats here and there, there weren’t really good beats but I use to burn em’ on a cd and pass em’ out in school. I started getting good feedback and kept going.

I started taking it seriously when I heard my first song on the radio which was meek mill’s “In my bag” record. When I did that record I was like alright it’s time to go you know what I’m saying.

The Source: As a producer, who would you like to pattern yourself as?

SAP: Timbaland is my favorite producer, Pharrell Williams, Kanye West, Q-Tip, of course Dre is dope! I like Danja Handz, it’s like there so many people that I like, Cool & Dre of course that’s the homies.

The Source: How did it feel to get co-signed by two Grammy nominated producers?

SAP: It’s a blessing and a great thing on how stuff work. I remember watching them a few years ago they had built their studio in Miami and I was like “Man if I can get a studio like that that’ll be crazy”. The first few years I ended up flying out there chilling with them and work with them so it’s just like man this is crazy.




READ MORE HERE...
http://www.thesource.com/articles/202224