Friday, July 29, 2011

Kiele Sanchez | "The Glades": A Talk With Kiele Sanchez

Kiele Sanchez | "The Glades": A Talk With Kiele Sanchez







I spent the first 10 minutes of watching The Glades trying to figure out Kiele's ethnic makeup (No, I didn't look at the guide....Otherwise, I wouldn't have been guessing...duh..) Just like I thought. She is of Latin decent. Was also trying to figure out just WHERE THE HELL I HAD SEEN HER BEFORE.  That came to me later. The pics below will shed some light on that.

Interesting interview with her. Here is a piece. The rest is at the link...



Beth: Even though “The Glades” is a crime drama, are there ever any laughs on set? What don’t we see behind the scenes?
Kiele: The thing you’re not seeing is that we laugh all the time. When Matt and I do a scene – the more serious the scene is, the more ridiculous we are between takes. We can go into it and turn it off – to stay that heightened and dramatic in any way is really hard and I think we would burn out. As it is, I feel like sometimes you’ve been Callie more in a week than you’ve been yourself, I can’t imagine not being able to turn that off. I would go crazy. A lot of times, we play danger games. He’ll do something to make me laugh and break (my concentration). (If they showed a blooper reel) mine is going to be filled with obscenities and inappropriate gestures.
Beth: Have you ever gone on a ride along with forensics expert?
Kiele: I have a feeling I’ve been training for forensics for the last 10 years. I’m a reality TV junkie and “City Confidential” is one of my favorite shows on earth – it’s about real crimes that take place in small cities and tells you how it became a city and then reveals how a murder took place and shook this town. It’s like watching “Dateline.” And then my mom is a nurse so she’s sort of been my consultant on anything related to nursing. We also have a medic on set.
Beth: What do you do love most about working in Florida? (The Glades films on location in Miami).
Kiele: I have to say I like the people here. We have an amazing crew and most of them are from Florida and are local hires, and they’re warm, awesome funny people.
Beth: What do you like least?
Kiele: The thing I like the least is the heat. We shoot in the summer, need I say more?
Beth: With all that heat and humidity, your hair always looks amazing (and frizz free)…what’s your secret???
Kiele: For makeup, not to make me look like a melting candle and for hair, to not make me look like a troll from the 70’s, is an amazing feat. We use a lot of products and even if the humidity is not as bad – it’s still awful – so that’s really attributed to our hair and make-up team – they work miracles. Both are locals from Florida.
10 Things You Don’t Know about Kiele Sanchez
What job did you have before you got discovered?
Kiele: It’s really funny because my boyfriend says all the time I say “I had a job once doing that.” I really kind of have been working since I was nine – helping my stepmom’s dad – I used to take things to the flea market and I used to work every Saturday and would wake up really early. My dad was a jockey when I was growing up, sometimes I’d go to work with him and clean a barn or walk a horse. There wasn’t a job that I had before except I didn’t wait tables. I think I’d be terrible at it – I can’t remember if somebody asked me for ketchup…that would never happen. I worked at a Diesel store once and they almost fired me because I would tell the truth about whether people looked good in jeans. We worked on commission and my bossed asked me what are you not getting? I’m not gonna lie.