Monday, April 2, 2012

Mulkey bothered by social media taunts and insults of star Brittney Griner - The Washington Post

Mulkey bothered by social media taunts and insults of star Brittney Griner - The Washington Post

Britt has the right attitude. Love her for that.



She actually enjoys going on Twitter as it gives her a chance to be herself and interact with others. Just don’t expect to find her as she uses an alias. Unlike Skylar Diggins, who gained 18,000 followers after the Irish’s win over Connecticut in the semifinals, Griner enjoys living in anonymity. She says she has about 200 followers.
“I do tweet. I don’t have that many followers,” Griner said. “My name is not on Twitter. All the Twitter accounts, griner42, They’re all fake. I don’t know who’s doing them, but they’re not me.”
While Griner takes the derogatory comments in stride, her teammates don’t.
“My teammates get really mad at some stuff,” Griner said. “I’m the calm one, I know it’s not true. I really don’t care, they try to get in my head because they’re trying to stop me. When I go to a game and yelling, they’re trying to get in my head. it’s not going to work really. You’ll see me smiling.”
Besides on Twitter, Griner hears a lot of taunts at road games. She’s well prepared for the abuse thanks to her teammates.